I'm still here
ZeroThreeTwoFive
Sometimes you tend to do things when you feel the urge, need or want. Today, I set my heart on getting back on my spiritual feet. And I did. I went by today as God gently led me. I started my day by spending some time with God and reflecting about my life over the past month. I enjoyed God's sweet presence and I gladly rooted my spirit in His word. What a way to start the day, I'd say!
Just to update those who still bother dropping by here about my life, I'm still in action. I relief-taught in Riverlife Kindy's K2 class for 3 weeks and loved it :) I have a thing for kids - I enjoy being and playing with them and I can't help but love them. I took a whole lot of photos with them, and spent a day's worth of pay and more on them, haha! But it was definitely a very enriching experience because I actually had to teach. It was interesting for me, being at only 16+, teaching kids who are 5 half, 6. God provided this job, that I can't deny because when Aunty Julia (Principal of Riverlife Kindy) called my Mom, I was flipping through the pages of Classified Recruit Ads. I call that divine.


Meet a few of the kids: On the left, meet Josiah Tan - my Spiderboy, Ultraboy, Batboy, Superboy and all those funny Superheros. I remember him singing 'the Spiderman song' in class during lesson. And on the right is Lennon Chai. Though he needs a lot of help and attention when it comes to academics, he's really such a sweet and innocent kid, don't you think!


On the left is Christy! She's such a sweet girl whose Mom is Japanese. And on the right is Wee En, who really is an intelligent and pretty girl :) I still see her on Sundays in church!
As hard as it was to leave the kids after 3 weeks, I still managed to come back to visit them. I was invited back to celebrate birthdays and was asked to accompany the kids on their excursion to Underwater World :) More photos another time because I have so many :O I met wonderful teachers too - Namely, Teacher Liz, Teacher Ann and Yan Lao Shi. They taught me so much and I'm so thankful to have met them. It was like having a family in Riverlife Kindy that added that home-like feel to everyday life. So here's to Riverlife Kindy!
Now you know what I've been up to the past month yes. Another thing would be that I've finally been assimilated into Highlife. So technically, I'm now a Highlifer serving in Megalife. Though nothing very much has changed, I couldn't thank God enough because I found a Megalife in Highlife - That's my cell group. They really are an awesome bunch of people. Here's a sneak peak:

The photo is majorly incomplete. My cell group leader, Joshua Ong, took this photo. This was the weekend we headed out for a movie at The Cathay. Meet the girls - Amanda, Audrey, Esther, Xueting and I. And the boys - Kenneth, Zhengyi and Leonard. Trust me, the cell is way bigger than this :)
I must say that I've just come to realise that I've been starting to grow spiritually in Highlife and of course, in Megalife too. Attending services on both Saturdays and Sundays have really been beneficial. I've been learning plenty of things from God's word and I feel more empowered every weekend to carry my spirit right through a new week. God is Awesome, He really and truly is. His blessings come in so many different ways and forms that you just have to let your joy flow out of you. There's no way to keep it in at all :)
Where might I be studying now, you might ask? It's not JC, or Poly. I'm heading to a private school but I'm so blessed to have been assured a spot in a 3 Year Bachelor course. I believe God's hand led me there and He has a purpose for me in that school, in that course. I went through a tough struggle while applications were going on because I was rejected all 4 times that I applied and appealed. Imagine having to go through a phase of your life where you have no where to go after so many attempts. There was not a single vacancy in Poly, for any course, for me. But God provided and led me to somewhere I know I'll probably excel better in as compared to Poly. I'm thankful :)
How could I forget, my dear Joy Lau's 17th birthday! Spent a wonderful day with her and the different bunches of people who surprised her.

OneOneFourSix
The past few weeks and today really showed me the true meaning of liberation. It isn't just a change in how you feel but you also begin to see a difference in your actions and your words. I wouldn't have felt that way if God wasn't the one in control. And I've never felt such joy in my spirit man for a long while.
I was up early and headed to Sentosa with a few other Megalifers and leaders' :) We spent half the day playing ball games like volleyball and captain's ball, and the guys obviously played soccer while the 3 girls sat out and watched. It was funny to see the guys in action, an action I've never seen them in before :p Anyway, Joylynn, Crystal and I managed to entertain ourselves by tunneling a letter M in the sand which stood for 'Megalife'!

After all the sand and the sun, we headed to Vivocity for lunch and coffee bean - The time spent on the roof was heelarious!! I really mean that. Those who were there can understand why :)

After leaving Vivo, Joachim, Jeremiah, Joylynn, Crystal and I left thinking we were heading home but we ended up at East Coast Park where we had a whole lot of fun and fellowship too! By the way, that says: 'OTC!' :)

My point is, I've been doing things that I've never done or tried before. Today, I played volleyball. Two weekends ago, I played CounterStrike for the first time. In the past week, I ate at Newyork Newyork and drank bubble tea from sweetalk. Tell me about being someone bold enough to try and experience new things for the first time. After all, there's always a first to everything isn't it? I'm glad, so glad that I managed to break out of my shyness and introverted character. For me, it was so liberating in the spirit.
Dare to try, experience doesn't hurt. Even if it does, it only helps you learn to be stronger. As the saying goes, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
Sometimes you tend to do things when you feel the urge, need or want. Today, I set my heart on getting back on my spiritual feet. And I did. I went by today as God gently led me. I started my day by spending some time with God and reflecting about my life over the past month. I enjoyed God's sweet presence and I gladly rooted my spirit in His word. What a way to start the day, I'd say!
Just to update those who still bother dropping by here about my life, I'm still in action. I relief-taught in Riverlife Kindy's K2 class for 3 weeks and loved it :) I have a thing for kids - I enjoy being and playing with them and I can't help but love them. I took a whole lot of photos with them, and spent a day's worth of pay and more on them, haha! But it was definitely a very enriching experience because I actually had to teach. It was interesting for me, being at only 16+, teaching kids who are 5 half, 6. God provided this job, that I can't deny because when Aunty Julia (Principal of Riverlife Kindy) called my Mom, I was flipping through the pages of Classified Recruit Ads. I call that divine.
Meet a few of the kids: On the left, meet Josiah Tan - my Spiderboy, Ultraboy, Batboy, Superboy and all those funny Superheros. I remember him singing 'the Spiderman song' in class during lesson. And on the right is Lennon Chai. Though he needs a lot of help and attention when it comes to academics, he's really such a sweet and innocent kid, don't you think!
On the left is Christy! She's such a sweet girl whose Mom is Japanese. And on the right is Wee En, who really is an intelligent and pretty girl :) I still see her on Sundays in church!
As hard as it was to leave the kids after 3 weeks, I still managed to come back to visit them. I was invited back to celebrate birthdays and was asked to accompany the kids on their excursion to Underwater World :) More photos another time because I have so many :O I met wonderful teachers too - Namely, Teacher Liz, Teacher Ann and Yan Lao Shi. They taught me so much and I'm so thankful to have met them. It was like having a family in Riverlife Kindy that added that home-like feel to everyday life. So here's to Riverlife Kindy!
Now you know what I've been up to the past month yes. Another thing would be that I've finally been assimilated into Highlife. So technically, I'm now a Highlifer serving in Megalife. Though nothing very much has changed, I couldn't thank God enough because I found a Megalife in Highlife - That's my cell group. They really are an awesome bunch of people. Here's a sneak peak:
The photo is majorly incomplete. My cell group leader, Joshua Ong, took this photo. This was the weekend we headed out for a movie at The Cathay. Meet the girls - Amanda, Audrey, Esther, Xueting and I. And the boys - Kenneth, Zhengyi and Leonard. Trust me, the cell is way bigger than this :)
I must say that I've just come to realise that I've been starting to grow spiritually in Highlife and of course, in Megalife too. Attending services on both Saturdays and Sundays have really been beneficial. I've been learning plenty of things from God's word and I feel more empowered every weekend to carry my spirit right through a new week. God is Awesome, He really and truly is. His blessings come in so many different ways and forms that you just have to let your joy flow out of you. There's no way to keep it in at all :)
Where might I be studying now, you might ask? It's not JC, or Poly. I'm heading to a private school but I'm so blessed to have been assured a spot in a 3 Year Bachelor course. I believe God's hand led me there and He has a purpose for me in that school, in that course. I went through a tough struggle while applications were going on because I was rejected all 4 times that I applied and appealed. Imagine having to go through a phase of your life where you have no where to go after so many attempts. There was not a single vacancy in Poly, for any course, for me. But God provided and led me to somewhere I know I'll probably excel better in as compared to Poly. I'm thankful :)
How could I forget, my dear Joy Lau's 17th birthday! Spent a wonderful day with her and the different bunches of people who surprised her.
OneOneFourSix
The past few weeks and today really showed me the true meaning of liberation. It isn't just a change in how you feel but you also begin to see a difference in your actions and your words. I wouldn't have felt that way if God wasn't the one in control. And I've never felt such joy in my spirit man for a long while.
I was up early and headed to Sentosa with a few other Megalifers and leaders' :) We spent half the day playing ball games like volleyball and captain's ball, and the guys obviously played soccer while the 3 girls sat out and watched. It was funny to see the guys in action, an action I've never seen them in before :p Anyway, Joylynn, Crystal and I managed to entertain ourselves by tunneling a letter M in the sand which stood for 'Megalife'!
After all the sand and the sun, we headed to Vivocity for lunch and coffee bean - The time spent on the roof was heelarious!! I really mean that. Those who were there can understand why :)
After leaving Vivo, Joachim, Jeremiah, Joylynn, Crystal and I left thinking we were heading home but we ended up at East Coast Park where we had a whole lot of fun and fellowship too! By the way, that says: 'OTC!' :)
My point is, I've been doing things that I've never done or tried before. Today, I played volleyball. Two weekends ago, I played CounterStrike for the first time. In the past week, I ate at Newyork Newyork and drank bubble tea from sweetalk. Tell me about being someone bold enough to try and experience new things for the first time. After all, there's always a first to everything isn't it? I'm glad, so glad that I managed to break out of my shyness and introverted character. For me, it was so liberating in the spirit.
Dare to try, experience doesn't hurt. Even if it does, it only helps you learn to be stronger. As the saying goes, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home